The MSRM extender boasts with an incredibly fashionable design. It has a sleek look and it can be plugged into any outlet in your home.
It might not be as discreet as other extenders, but it isn’t bad on the eye.
There are two antennas on each side of the device that help you boost your signal coverage.
The design is fairly simple, the model doesn’t have the bells and whistles that you’ll see on other Wi-Fi extenders.
MRSM says that it allows you to boost your speed up to 300Mbps. It will also allow more devices to stay online.
It can do quite well if you set it up properly, eliminating the painfully bad connection in the good ol’ dead zones.
The setup is extremely simple.
– You simply press and hold the WPS button on the extender for up to 7 seconds.
– Within the next 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router for 2 seconds.
– That’s it.
Now, the devices should be paired and you can start expanding your network.
However, it gets a little tricky while connecting the two devices, that’s why I’ll explain the steps.
1. Open your web browser and type in 192.168.10.1 in the address bar.
2. On the page it takes you, there should be an interface which requires a username and a password, use “admin” for both
3. Choose the “Repeater” mode
4. Choose the SSID of your Wi-Fi network, and enter your Wi-Fi password
5. Choose “Connect,” and your setting should be set
Some people have trouble with the installation, that’s one more reason MSRM is not my favorite extender.
Still, if you have the needed knowledge, it might be a decent device for you.
Also, it comes with a 12-month warranty.